“Om Prakash Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS”, was formed by a 23 years old positive person who lost every hope in life as he was thrown out of village Dhosi, Dharbanga district of Bihar in 1995. Sahil struggled in Delhi staying at railway stations for 6 years working at hotels till 2005.He connected to NGOs but still could not make his livelihood. All this harassment didn’t stop him to work for benefit of PLHIVs in Delhi, thus formed the network and registered the society under Societies Act of XXI, 1860. Since, then the network is tirelessly and selflessly working for the welfare of people from marginalised communities and needs of fellow positive people."
Empowering the PLHIV and poor from marginalized communities through human rights
We work for the survival and improving the lifestyle of PLHIV and for empowering women, girls and people living in marginalised communities. The organisation was established in 2007. Sahil, a 25-year old from Darbhanga in Bihar has no rancour or bitterness as he talks about getting infected through blood transfusion.
Carving out a new identity for himself in a new city, he found the motivation to live and be of use to others, like him. He has experienced stigma and discrimination but is hopeful that with the support of media, communities will understand the infection better and accept positive people, in their fold. Also he is convinced that we all need to spread more awareness regarding HIV, TB, Hep-B/Hep-C and various other infections by campaigning, dialog and proper hygienic practices so that there are fewer cases of such infections. Presently, Sahil with his team works for the betterment of poor, PLHIVs, for the rights of children, people from marginalised coummunities and for empowering women.
Public Announcement! Remote Quantum Healing is here!
Tom Paladino, humanitarian and scalar energy expert, has announced that he will be giving away free remote healing Standardized Scalar Light sessions for an entire year to any qualified NGO!
If you have not heard yet, the Standardized Scalar Light program has been changing lives and communities around the world, including OPNP+.
The standardized Scalar Light program has three components:
#1 Pathogen Cleanse.
In this program, the Scalar Light disassembles and eradicates the molecular bonds to the DNA/RNA of over 400,000 species of harmful pathogens, heavy metals, and environmental chemicals.
# 2 Essential Nutrient Program.
Scalar Light assembles and maintains the molecular bonds of all essential earth elements transmuting them into essential nutrients, minerals, and fatty acids, fortifying the entire body, mind, and soul.
#3 Chakra Balancing Program.
Scalar Light saturates all chakra energy centers thereby harmonizing imbalances in the auric fields .
Tom has made it incredibly easy for anyone in need to get help because any qualified NGO can submit a photo collage with a minimum of 100 photos. That means each submission will assist 100 different people remotely!
This program is beneficial to many around the world, such as support groups for various health issues including various diseases such as HIV. This is also a perfect remote program for communities combating malnutrition.
The standardized program is also beneficial to individuals coping with trauma such as PTSD.
Please share this generous opportunity with NGO’s in your network. Help us to help the world. Contact us to learn more about how Scalar Light can benefit the world.
Please see Tom's Press kit here:
In Media- Hindustan Times - Mint & Der Spiegel (Bento Online German Magazine)
"When a needy person stands at your door,God himself stands at his side."
By Hebrew Proverb
1. Awareness and education on HIV infection, prevention ways, ART adherence, life skills
2. Awareness and distribution of free nutrition and income generation program.
3. Dots Awareness Camps, PEPS Smear Camps, Hepatitis A,B & C Camps.
4. Activities to address stigma and discrimination.
5. Education awareness program for children and empowering women.
6. Advocacy with different stake holders for need based services for HIV infected and affected families
7. Hospital / Clinical referrals for opportunistic infection and other health needs and also testing of partners / spouse and family members.
8. Expanded Positive prevention activities - Early Testing and Diagnosis will be encouraged through appropirate councelling and peer support. All who are tested will be supported to engage their sexual partners, family members and children towards testing.
9. Improved Social Protection and well being of PLHIV. The organisation will facilitate linkage to existing social welfare and protection schemes under different line departments, corporate sectors, pulclic sector undertaking, faith based organisation and civil society organisation.
10. Free Wajood Homeopathic Camp (De-addiction Camp) (Free Check-up & Free medicine distribution Camp) Dr. Mohd. Shoaib Khan (D.H.M.S., D.M.) has volunteered for regular Homeopathic Camps for people suffering from long term or chronic illnesses. The camp has been warmly welcomed by masses and various patients have got relief from long term illnesses like weight-loss issues, vision problems, mobility & reflexes inabilities, migraine, parkinsons, detoxification, de-addiction etc.
11. Organising Skill Development and Income Generation Camps and informative kiosks.
12. Empowering the poor through human rights:
>> Right to Food (National Food Security Act, 2013)
- The Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013 covers every poor individual / family for the right to food and minimum required nutritional support. Under this Act Wajood offers people who are settlers in slum and marginalized areas of Delhi/NCR to apply for AAY, BPL and Annashree Ration Card Schemes.
>> Right to Education
- Running campaigns like Education my Right helping children to get admissions in schools and teaching them in our centre's. Wajood initiative offers all of children and eligible people the right to education by inviting skilled teachers to volunteer for teaching children from weaker sections of the society in Delhi.
>> Right to Livelihood
- Program Wajood with the help of community volunteers raises awareness either through door-to-door dialog or meetings about Livelihood or Income Generation Programs offered by Delhi or Central Government. Then vocational training centres offer courses like Beautician, Computer classes, Tailoring to enable the youth and women to setup their own income generation unit. OPNP+ organizes camps from time to time for such Skill Development among the youth population.
>> Right to Social Security
- Program Wajood by OPNP+ offers the people from marginalized section of the society to get Social Entitlement like UIDAI No. (Aadhar), Voter Card, Birth/Death Certificate, Disability / Handicapped Certification, Income Proof, Ladlee Scheme for encouraging girl child attending regular schooling etc through various Governmental Agencies and Schemes.
>> Right to Social Justice
- Every member of slum area settled in Delhi are not aware of their rights hence often face discrimination while managing their livelihood or face issues at work. Our team of Lawyers promptly responds to such Social Justice and offer free consultation and friendly support in such cases.
>> Women Empowerment
- The Wajood Program especially gives emphasis in empowering the poor as “Nari Shakti” meaning “women empowerment” and slogan ‘Sashakt Nari - Sashakt Samaj’ meaning only a empowered women can build a better society and strengthen the community. Wajood program offers to form Self Help Groups in different areas where women are struggling with poverty. Through Self Help Groups they can save and organize their women based entrepreneurship businesses to generate income, become self-reliant and live a better life.
13. Save the Girl Child “Beti Bacho-Beti Padao” the slogan meaning help the girl child be welcomed equally as the male child and all facilities and gender equality rights be given equally to the girl child born in a family. The volunteers at OPNP+ arrange achieve this objective by arranging Self Help Group Meetings and raising awareness regarding the wide difference in sex ratio due to pre-natal abortions and mindset of people.
14. Care & support through – “Sahyog” meaning cooperation from any sector of Society for providing Nutritional Support, Educational Support, Donations to PLHIV Single Orphan/Double Orphans and active participation in organizational events like get together.
To improve the quality of life and provide a sense of belonging to people living with HIV and their families and reduce further HIV transmission. To link the PLHIV and the poor people from marginalized communities with Social Entitlements and Welfare Schemes offered by Central Government and Delhi Government. To raise awareness regarding HIV/TB, Hep-B/Hep-C co-infections in the slum and marginalized communities. To actively participate in programs aimed at building a TB free India. To educate and campaign for a clean and better India through Indoor Toilet and hygienic practices. To equip children with books who are engaged in labor or not connected to regular schooling. To empower women through Self Help Groups and inculcate saving habits and encourage them to run small businesses by connecting them to Skill Development and Income Generation Programs for a better livelihood.